There are so many things that I want to share with you but it seems they are harder to say then I thought. I wish that I could better understand what you are going through. I wish I was able to be closer to you throughout this journey. I hope you know how much I think about you and the beautiful little tummy dweller you are growing.
So, just in case you don’t know, here are few of the thoughts and wishes I have for you and babe.
1.Try to enjoy and soak in every difficult, exciting and overwhelming emotion that you have.
2. Love yourself. You are an amazing human being who is selflessly sharing your body with another.
3. There is not a moment of any day that I am not wishing that you and that little bean are thriving.
4. I want you to be able to share your entire experience with me. The good, the bad, the worse and the ugly. Yes, sometimes it is tough for me to hear but I couldn’t be happier for you.
5. Embrace the type of mom you want to be. I can only imagine how difficult that must be without your own mom to share this with. I know that she will be looking down on you and babe during your journey.
6. Accept and ask for help when you need it. You are stubborn and will want to try and do everything on your own—don’t. You have an amazing support group around you that wants to help you through this journey, including me. Let them.
7. You will not be perfect, but you will be everything that little burrito needs.
8. Take time for yourself. I can imagine that you are going to change—body, mind and soul. Those changes mean you are going to need to get to know yourself again. You are not going to the be same as you were before and that’s okay.
9. You are strong. Physically and emotionally. You are going through one of the hardest things you will in your life and you are handling it like a boss.
10. Most importantly, love the journey.
To tummy dweller:
1.You are so unbelievably lucky to have this woman as your mother and protector.
2. Try not give her a hard time, she’s been through a lot to get to you.
3. Give her lots of love, she deserves it.
4. You don’t know me yet, but I can’t wait to meet you and love you unconditionally.
This is definitely hard for me because the mix of emotions is so hard to articulate. I am so beyond excited for you, but also dealing with the sting that it still isn’t me. Please know that these are my emotions and I don’t want them to stop you from sharing things with me. I love you beyond words. You are so incredibly beautiful and strong, even if you don’t feel like it. I can’t wait until I see you in August. You are going to be an amazing mother because you are an amazing woman.
By Amanda Saylor, settingsaylor.wordpress.com